We’re super excited to finally be able to reopen our studio and welcome all of you back on June 15. But we know that we’re welcoming you back in a world that has changed dramatically. Because of this, we’ve made some important changes to the studio and our policies in an effort to keep everyone safe. We’ve decided to keep these policies in place for the first 30 days of our reopening, at which point we will reevaluate them.
These new policies include:
- New 6 hour cancellation window. We don’t want anyone who’s feeling sick to come to class, and we want to make sure people can still cancel their class without repercussions even if they start feeling ill a few hours before class.
- Class sizes are now limited to 5 people.
- We’ll be limiting the amount of classes during our initial reopening in order to properly clean the studio. We’ve also updated our class options in order to get clients in for their Boom with limited class sizes.
- We’ve rearranged and removed a few reformers to allow everyone in class to keep a safe distance from their classmate. There will be a mandatory minimum of 7 feet between clients and instructors.
- Pilates socks are now mandatory for all attendees. We haven’t shied away from sharing our love of Pilates socks in the past. They improve both safety and hygiene, and now that both of these factors are an increased focus in our reopening, we’re asking everyone to wear socks during class. If you need to buy Pilates socks, we have some available for sale at our front desk for both men and women.
- Our instructors will be monitoring their temperatures daily. Following suit with CDC’s standards, we ask for our instructors or clients to refrain from visiting the studio if your temperature is over 100.4 F.
- The door to the studio will be locked during class and up until 5 minutes before class starts, at which point everyone will be led in by the class instructor. We’ll have markers outside the studio so that everyone can maintain proper distance while they wait. We encourage both instructors and guests to change and use the restroom before you arrive at the studio to limit traffic in and out of our restroom.
- We’re no longer allowing guests in the studio, only instructors or those registered for the current class or private session slot.
- We’re asking all studio visitors to wear a mask when entering the building.
- Instructors will stay in a designated zone 7 feet away from class attendees and will no longer make physical contact with anyone during the class. Instead, they will verbally coach to attendees who might need to adjust their form or posture.
- Equipment will be sanitized before and after class. Class attendees will be cleaning their station before and after their class, and instructors will sanitize equipment in between classes.
- We’ll continue to have hand sanitizer available in the front of the studio and the back room.
- We’ll be doing daily deep cleans of the studio area, including mopping.
- We’ve purchased a new air filtration cleaning tool to help fight off germs and bacteria inside our studio.
Safety is always the number one priority at Boom Pilates; that hasn’t changed. If you have any questions about these policies or concerns that aren’t addressed here, please contact us. We look forward to seeing you all back in the studio soon!